Welcome to my blog!

Hope my blog's interesting. Waiting for lots of feedback too. Hope you guys have a nice time reading my blogs

Pages

Thisisme

My photo
I believe that life is beautiful and must be lived to the fullest. Somebody out there is leading us through a path--it may be a bed of roses or a bed of thorns, how we walk the path and walk the talk is all that matters..... Writing is my passion. I love to write human interest stories, love travelling and of course I love interacting with individuals who have a higher purpose in life and can think beyond the mundane.....

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Ram Leela review

Ram Leela
Sanjay Leela Bansali’s much-awaited film ‘Ram Leela’ did not turn out to be the masterpiece that a die-hard romantic like me wanted it to be. The subtlety of love, it’s elusive nature and all the pain and joy that goes with it was truly lost in the din and pompous display of costumes and gun battles. What could truly have been a masterpiece was reduced to a road-Romeo kind of story with vulgar display of dance and music that neither pulled at your heart strings, nor evoked any sympathy for the main characters. I do love raunchy numbers and typical Bollywoiod films; but this epic love story did not deserve this treatment.
Although Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh have put up a great show, the melodramatic nature of the plot and the accompanying noise and drama took a lot away from the essence of this love story. The sizzling hot chemistry between Deepika and Ranveer is being much talked about; however, it was for me, too hot to handle. A more subtle romance would have made this a treat to watch.  Instead, the in-your-face dialogues and the physicality of their love and vulgar dialogues made it more a sex story than a love story. It wasn’t love at first sight at all. It seemed more like lust at first sight. I was truly disappointed by the mindless melodrama and vulgar moves and dance numbers that so took away from the great epic love story that this film could have been.  Not a typical Sanja Leela Bansali film. To be fair, I would say almost all the actors in the film have put up a great show, despite the contrived nature of the plot. Supriya Pathak is outstanding. But for these great actors, this movie would have fallen flat. 
I do love music, extravagant sets and the spectacular settings that a Sanjay Leela Bansali film always offers. But if it’s not matched by a consistent story-line and convincing dialogues, it appears contrived. Eventually, what did the film prove? That two people, who were so deeply in lust, had to lose their lives to keep two clans at peace? A wrong message for the younger generation-that lust is love and that you have no hope when two warring clans are involved. Especially in the times that we live in – honour-killings and all. If this is what’s lapped up by the masses, I would say, bring it on.

Poornima BV

No comments: