Welcome to my blog!

Hope my blog's interesting. Waiting for lots of feedback too. Hope you guys have a nice time reading my blogs

Pages

Thisisme

My photo
I believe that life is beautiful and must be lived to the fullest. Somebody out there is leading us through a path--it may be a bed of roses or a bed of thorns, how we walk the path and walk the talk is all that matters..... Writing is my passion. I love to write human interest stories, love travelling and of course I love interacting with individuals who have a higher purpose in life and can think beyond the mundane.....

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Share Life Blogger Contest

Phonography

Phonography! I’m addicted to it! The pen maybe mightier than the sword, but it’s pictures that speak a thousand words. Talk time? Who’s worried about talk time when a picture can do the trick? I’m always fascinated by the rich spectrum of colours, images and moments that can be captured on my cell phone. Armed with my mobile there’s hardly any moment when I’m immobile. People, places and exotic locales; you’ll find all this and more on my screen.

I jump out of the car on deserted highways to capture the green pastures around paddy fields, hillocks, hutments and country roads to come back home and wonder at those amazing places, far from the madding crowds. I don’t miss the opportunity to capture the myriad hues on the sky formed by the various shapes of moving clouds.

When it comes to instant images and capturing rare expressions, it’s my mobile that always stands me in good stead. I have a thousand rare moments captured for eternity. Whether it’s my little niece and her little tricks or my smart adolescent son and his passion for sports—all those wonderful moments are captured on my camera. A single click and the pictures find their way to facebook, gmail and what have you. Instantaneous. The response from those who see these pictures is instantaneous too. Why write long letters and talk incessantly, when at the click of a button, I have that magic moment on my screen! And the pictures travel the world over, thanks to the Internet.

With such rare moments captured on my mobile, is it any surprise that I get prizes in various contests when I upload a picture or two. It’s hardly surprising then that I’m addicted to phonography. Why shouldn’t I, when I stand to gain so much and enjoy every moment of it too!

Poornima BV
poornibv@gmail.com
highfundathoughts.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Uma Anandane said...

wonderful thought on the first three lines and well written about phonography
voted.....,check mine too A Woman's life