Welcome to my blog!

Hope my blog's interesting. Waiting for lots of feedback too. Hope you guys have a nice time reading my blogs

Pages

Thisisme

My photo
I believe that life is beautiful and must be lived to the fullest. Somebody out there is leading us through a path--it may be a bed of roses or a bed of thorns, how we walk the path and walk the talk is all that matters..... Writing is my passion. I love to write human interest stories, love travelling and of course I love interacting with individuals who have a higher purpose in life and can think beyond the mundane.....

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Say no to ragging

Criminal

Although it’s been a decade since my college days, I do know for a fact that those who have very little to look forward to in life - either because they have too much of everything or have nothing at all, just like the terrorists, indulge in groupism, intimidation, physical and mental abuse. The college administration, instead of punishing them, is scared of these goons and actually does whatever they say at gun point. I have been through this and like Aman said, it’s not mere ragging-it’s humiliating, frustrating and leaves you helpless and scarred for life for no fault of yours. Smart, intelligent people are made fun of because it gives these good-for nothings one-upmanship. If professional colleges have to turn really professional, we need inspiring university heads not some nincompoops who are there because of political patronage. That’s the sorry state of India. Please watch Delhi6 to see what we are. The director has put it sensitively and subtly-that we are a beautiful people minus the black monkey in us. What a divine message! But sadly, like the callous cop in the movie, there are no honest public servants - only greedy, power hungry people backed by politicians. And if still the nation is not outraged, god save us. These are the burning issues not a temple here or a mosque there. Arise and awake citizens, before it’s too late. But sadly, where are the leaders who can inspire us. I’m still looking…

No comments: